Sunday, March 29, 2009

SPRING FLOWERS!?

I love spring flowers, but with them come an inner struggle. The boys love picking them. They are so happy each and every time they bring me one. It seems they pick all the blooms and step on the rest. Even though each flower delivery is bittersweet, I try to remind myself that they're just flowers. I am sure one day, when I look at my yard full of blooms, I will miss the days when the boys picked them.
We have talked a little about saving some of the flowers for me to enjoy outside. And they have learned that once you pick the flowers they will die quicker. Cade has equated that information with the flowers need for dirt. He now brings me flowers & little handfuls of dirt! He wants the flowers and the dirt inside the vase. So if you come to my house and see a vase full of floating dirt and stemless blooms, you will know why. It's because my little boys love me.

1 comment:

Cory said...

They do love you! As do I.

I look forward to that day many moons from now when the boys have moved on and I have more of you.

However, we will have many fond memories of the boys in the yard digging, making mud, and picking flowers for their favorite mom.

Blog Archive