Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's my story...

Tonight Cade was bonking himself into my leg. I asked him to stop and he said, "Me can't. It's part of my story. Cade bonks into Mom, brothers and Dad." He got this from a PBS cartoon called Super Why. The "super-readers" go "inside" of story books (like Humpty Dumpty, Little Red Riding Hood, etc.) to learn how to solve their own problems. In the story, the characters will say they have to do this or that because that is what their story says. Then, the super-readers change the word in the story to "save the day." I "zapped" the word "bonks" in Cade's story and changed it to "hugs."
----------
Last night we went bowling with some friends. This was the first time that our boys have bowled. I have never excelled at this sport (or any other one, really). But, last night, my six year old son bowled a higher score than I did! I scored 97 and he bowled 98! Cade even got a strike! They definitely want to go again. Zane wants to have his 7th birthday party there (or, as he just informed me, all of his birthdays there).

No comments:

Blog Archive