Saturday, September 24, 2011

Summer Slam

A few weeks ago the boys and I went down to Drain for an extended weekend (Friday through Monday). We hadn't had much opportunity to visit our family in Drain, so we tried to make the most of our time. Here is a quick list of some the things we managed to do:

(1) Swimming in the Umpqua River near Elkton
(2) Blackberry picking (twice)
(3) Jogging with my Dad and then to breakfast (the boys slept through this)
(4) Wildlife Safari
(5) Pool party at the Drain pool
(6) BBQ with friends
(8) Church (twice)
(9) Reedsport Beach

Many thanks to our family for dropping everything in order to accommodate our wish list of things to do. If you're up for it, I think we should make Summer Slam a new tradition. We had so much fun!

I didn't take many pictures during our stay, but I did manage a few from our beach trip. It was one of those beautiful days at the Oregon coast which are seemingly hard to come by.


No comments:

Blog Archive