Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More Money Talk

I invite you to listen in on a conversation that Zane and I had last week while sitting at Target eating popcorn. [I have recreated this conversation to the best of my memory and even took notes of what he said while we were there.]


Mom, can we go to Wal*Mart to get Buzz Lightyear?

You didn't bring your wallet.

You could loan me the money until we get home.

I don't think that is a good idea. If I go to the store and don't bring my money then I don't get to have what I want.

I've loaned you dollars so you could buy Pepsi.

That is true.

Can you beat that?

What do you mean? [I begin thinking that this may be "blog-worthy".]

Can you come up with a better solution than me?

I think you have a pretty good point. [I dig through my purse for scrap paper and a pen and write down what he has said.]

So, I win?

[I become a little distracted as I get back out the paper and pen to add another statement.]

Why are you writing down what I say? [He knows why.]

You're being funny, but also a little disrespectful. It isn't about winner and loser. I am in charge and you are not. You should not be debating with me.

Which one works the most? Which one wins: funny or disrespectful?

__________

I mentioned in a previous post that Cade would prefer to buy gum with his allowance more than anything else. I forgot to mention that he also has a passion for glow sticks. Last week he bought three tubes and begged to go back for a fourth.






No comments: