Wednesday, July 01, 2009

RUJADA #15


Last Saturday we went camping 19 miles East of Cottage Grove near Layng Creek at Rujada Campground. It was our second time sleeping in the Siesta trailer. We still have a few kinks to work out, but we really like it.
The boys like to pretend that the door has an order window. They ask me what I would like and then I "order" crackers, apples, or some other little snack which they deliver through the little sliding window.


The campground is small (which I like) and has flushing toilets (which I love, as opposed to the pit toilets) and a playground for the kids.

There is also a pretty 1.9 mile hiking trail around the campground. While hiking, one of the boys moved a berry vine or something out of the way for me and I complimented him for being a gentleman. I used that moment to teach them that gentlemen will hold things (like briers) out of the way, move things (like branches) or help a lady over obstacles (fallen logs, rocks, etc). The boys took my words to heart and would have moved any twig out of my way. They would call to me, "Lady!" and give me flowers. Cade felt bad that he couldn't move a large rock out of my way. Oh, they are so cute!

Before bed I decided to wash the boys up. I didn't want them to get their sleeping bags dirty and I think you sleep better when you're not sticky and dirty.

They all asked to get in bed with me (Cory wasn't ready for bed yet) for story time.

In the morning we had hashbrowns, biscuits, gravy and little smokies. Yummy! Good food is essential for all camping trips.

After breakfast we drove up Bohemia Mountain and went by the Musick Guard Station. We hiked 1/2 mile up the Bohemia Mountain Trail. It was beautiful.


1 comment:

Cory said...

Hmmm, the picture of the biscuits and gravy makes me hungry!

We live and enjoy a beautiful corner of the world!