Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Funny Stories

Recently Zane and Luke got into an argument. Zane told me, "He pushed my button and took my temper!"
----------
Another time recently, when I was frustrated with Luke, I said, "Luke, every since you were born when I tell your brother not to do something then YOU do it!" [Yes, of course, I was exaggerating. He really couldn't have started this before he was mobile/verbal. And, no, my parenting wasn't up to par, but I am willing to suffer the embarrassment because his reply was so precious.] He responded, as though it was the first time I had pointed this out, "I do that? Thank you for telling me." My heart melted and again I was reminded that I can learn much from my little boys.
----------
Cory and I both believe it is important to present a united front to the boys. We try to back each others parenting decisions and not let the boys work us against each other. I guess you could say we have formed a team. At least that must be how the boys see it. I may have mentioned before that they too have formed a team. They have now championed a new motto, "Teams don't tell!" This is how it works: (1) Zane hits Luke, (2) Luke starts to yell/run for me, (3) Zane says, "Remember? Teams don't tell!" and (4) Luke stops in his tracks. [I think that Zane created this new motto and is benefiting most from it.] Granted this has stopped a bit of the tattling and it is a bit funny; however, I don't think this is going to end well. My "motherly intuition" or "mom-dar" [as in mom radar] is sending up red flags.
----------
The boys and I were driving along and Zane asked where we were going. I told him we were headed home. He asked, "Mom, have you been drinking alcohol?" I have taught the boys that drinking alcohol, among other things, can effect your driving and thinking. He was sure that we were not going the right direction and thought something must be wrong with me. [For the record, I don't drink and didn't laugh when he asked me the question; however, when I told Cory he thought it was funny and said I should blog it.]

No comments: