Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Blonde Brownies

Today I prepared the ingredients for Zane to make a batch of Blonde Brownies, a recipe from his Grandma Marsha that is a favorite in the Gant clan. I then wrote down simple instructions and let him go to work.*



The younger boys were absolutely great about letting Zane be the Baker and they were rewarded by being the Batter Testers. Who wouldn't like that job?





After Zane finished, Luke was telling me that he saw Grandma Marsha use some red stuff to make frosting red and that he would make his brownies red. I didn't understand why he wanted red brownies and didn't give it much thought. Later when he talked about it again I realized that my little sweetheart had taken notice that Zane, his blonde-haired brother, made "Blonde" Brownies. Luke has red-hair and therefore would need to make Red Brownies!

----------
* I bet you noticed that Zane isn't wearing a shirt while baking and may think that odd. To explain, it is 105 degrees in Eugene today which is a record high. Why I chose this day for baking is beyond me. [Well, other than the craving factor.]

1 comment:

Cory said...

Those are yummy! In fact it looks like the pan of Blond Brownies won't last to bed time!