Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day

On Mother's Day Cory got the boys up, showered and dressed. I slept in [very nice!] and Cory took the boys to Fred Meyer. The boys picked out flowers to plant and Zane bought a Pepsi for me [something he had been planning as a surprise for quite awhile.] Cory also brought home biscuits, gravy and bacon for breakfast.

Zane told me that we needed to come home right after church because something might happen. As another surprise for me, the boys invited my parents, Cory's mom*, Aunt Joy & Lolly. Even though we had just been to Drain the day before Mother's Day, my parents still came. They didn't want to spoil the boys' plans. They even brought pizza and root beer and took me to Dutch Brothers for a free Vanilla Chai. [yummy!]

After lunch Zane rode his bike with me while I went on a 3 mile walk. When we got back, Luke and I went shopping together. I always enjoy spending time with the boys individually.

When Luke and I got back, Cory took us all out to dinner at a small diner called Mom's Snak Shak
. Then we went for a drive in the country. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

I told the boys that when I see the flowers I am reminded that they love me. Cade has asked many times, "What do the flowers say now?" I tell him that they say my boys love me. He told me yesterday, "Us did that all for you 'cause us love you."
I am so blessed.


* We figured out later that Grandma Marsha really hadn't been invited. Zane delegated that job to Luke and Luke got a little confused and invited her to Father's Day instead.





No comments: