Sunday, May 17, 2009

Go Poppy!


Two years ago my Dad nearly had a heart attack. He [We] were very fortunate that he had warning signs and did not ignore them. The Doctors put in stents to fix the blockage in his artery. Since then he has really tried to make changes in his lifestyle. He started exercising daily and doing competitive walks. He is now determined to become a runner. Recently, he even become a vegetarian [that was a surprise]. He is an inspiration to me & our family! I keep reminding him that I need him around for at least 15 more years* and I'm so glad that he is trying very hard to be healthy.

Thank you, Dad! I love you and I'm so proud of you!


__________
* Why fifteen years? Good question. I truly want my Dad to be around much, much longer, but fifteen years would allow each of my boys to reach adulthood. I think I will continue telling my Dad each year, "Fifteen more years." That ought to do it. :-)

No comments: