Wednesday, April 12, 2006

April Update

Luke is such a tease. Today I asked Zane and Luke to go in the family room to check on Cade. Luke went in to check and then announced that Cade was playing in the dirt. Our large potted plant has been a main attraction for all three boys at one time or another. I rushed in and exclaimed, "He's what! He's playing in the dirt!" However, Cade was far from the plant and Luke was looking quite pleased with himself. He tricked mom!

Luke is not allowed to climb up on to the top bunk without permission and Cory and I are suppose to watch him. I scolded him one day recently and told him he didn't have permission to be on the top bunk. Zane replied, "I'll give him some of my permission...I've got lots."

On March 31st I went to check on the boys. They were both asleep, but Zane had stuffed three different stuffed animals into his pajamas. Silly boy!

I think it was March 30th that Cade started trying to clap. He continues to get better. I think he is trying to get his hands stretched out now. Before he was just hitting his fists together.

On April 8th Zane got into his first four-wheeler accident. He sure scared me! On the previous day Uncle Curtis had allowed Zane to be in charge of the accelerator and they both seemed to be having a great time. Aunt Melissa and I got such a kick out of watching them zip back and forth across the yard. Zane would take off and then Curt would bring things back under control. On the 8th, I realized this wasn't a good idea. Not only did it have the potential of teaching Zane to love speed (more than he already does), but he managed to gain control of the four-wheeler and ran himself and Grandpa Bruce into the sheet metal fence! He and Bruce both got jostled around a bit and ended up with a bruise or two. Thankfully, they were not seriously hurt. I learned my lesson and so did Zane. He said that he doesn't want to ride the four-wheeler again. He wants to ride Grandma's tractor (lawn mower) instead because it is slower.

No comments:

Blog Archive