Saturday, February 18, 2006

A few more stories.

On Wednesday I told Zane we would celebrate his birthday with Papa and Boom-Boom on Thursday. This was nearly a week after his actual birthday and we had already celebrated with Cory's parents. Zane was concerned and asked, "I'm not going to be four anymore?" The years do go by fast, but fortunately not that fast.

Zane got into our dryer awhile ago and Luke was in the room with him. I was very concerned that Luke could have closed the door and turned the dryer on. I told Zane how that frightened me and explained to him why it was so dangerous. He in turn told me that he wanted to go to heaven because he wants to be first. (Right now he wants to be first in everything.) I told him Jesus gets to decide when he goes to heaven and that, even though he would be happy in heaven, we are not ready for him to go.

I fed Cade rice cereal for the third time today. He seemed to understand this time what I was trying to get him to do. Cory was watching him for the first time and I think he enjoyed showing Daddy his new skill. He did great. Soon we will be on to something new and more exciting...like smashed peas. Poor kid.

No comments:

Blog Archive