Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Basketball

Zane is enrolled in a 4-week Saturday basketball camp. This last Saturday the camp leader told the kids that if they each gave ten high-fives during the session they would get a surprise at the end. I noticed Zane getting high-fives from the coaches and one boy. At the end of the session the coaches started passing out calendars as the surprise. Zane didn't take one. Cory and I walked up to Zane and I asked why he didn't take his surprise. He said, "I only got 3 high-fives." Just about that time another coach came by and offered Zane a calendar. He spoke too quietly for the coach to hear and so I told the coach Zane's dilemma. The coach smiled and then gave him a high-five, followed by another coach doing the same. Zane then accepted the calendar. I was very proud of Zane for being so honest when I knew how much he would want the surprise. I told him I thought he was the most honest boy there.

Another basketball story: Luke asked me what it means when a basketball player puts his hand up in the air. I said that it meant the player was ready for the ball. Luke said, "No. It means that you have to go to the bathroom." Yes, of course, that is what they told the kids at basketball camp to do if they need to use the restroom.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thats so cute of Zane! And Luke! I love all your stories about your boys :)

Blog Archive