Monday, August 18, 2008

Funny story for today...

Usually I only write stories that involve the kids, but today something rather funny happened to me and I thought I would share.

I decided this morning to make cookies to take to Cory at work. We were finally ready and I headed out the door. I bent over to set down the kids' lunches so that I could unlock the van and inadvertently spilled half the cookies onto the ground. Ugh! I went into the house to get some more cookies and a bag for the ones I spilled on the ground. (A little dirt doesn't hurt, but I didn't want to give one of them to Cory's co-worker.) Once in the house I grabbed the cookies, but then I heard something. A dripping noise coming from the bathroom. I thought the faucet had been left on and headed for the bathroom. I rammed my body into the door that was cracked open and ... banged it right into our male house guest! A yell rolled off my tongue and through my gaping mouth. My hand flew up to cover my eyes. My body, stiff from embarrassment and shock, turned away and I yelled over my shoulder, "I didn't see anything! I thought the faucet was dripping!" I walked right out the front door and slammed it behind me. I went to the van and was chuckling a bit. The boys asked why I kept bursting out into little laughs, but I said I wouldn't tell them.

About a mile from the house Zane said I should cut off my feet because every time I looked at them I would start to laugh. On the way to the van I must have looked at my feet (I think I do that when I'm embarrassed) and then started laughing. His solution sounds a bit drastic to me! Evidently he wasn't feeling too happy about not being included in the humor.

I honestly think that if my reaction had been caught on video that we may have won the 100k from America's Funniest Videos!

No comments:

Blog Archive