Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Toilet Training Blues

Toilet training is not fun; I don't like it. I guess I've never met a mother who did enjoy it. Zane is old enough to use the toilet and will, but he has only told me twice that he needed to go. Today the living room became mysteriously quiet. As any good mom knows, this is cause for concern. I walked into the living room and saw Luke playing with toys, but no Zane. I walked down the hall, looked in his room and then mine. No Zane. I called his name and heard a muffled response from his room. At first I thought he was behind the rocker, but he wasn't. He responded again to my call and I found him in the closet. He had went in the closet, closed the door and was doing "his business." It seems to me that if he has that kind of control and can use the closet like a bathroom stall then there is no reason for him to have a messy diaper. I think all he lacks is motivation. Boy have I tried to find that magic motivation and I will continue to do so until that glorious day when I can say, "Yes, my son is toilet trained!"

No comments:

Blog Archive