Saturday, November 08, 2008

My silly son, Cade.

If you know me very well, you know I have a little problem with germs. I am not fond of public bathrooms and it is hard for me to take my boys into them. I try to get them in and out without touching ANYTHING. I set them on the toilet, clean up the necessary "parts" and then have them stand motionless while I wash my hands. Being that they truly haven't touched anything, I don't have them wash their hands...after all the faucet and sink have germs on them, right? (I'm starting to question whether I should be blogging this...) Anyway....Recently, Cade has decided he wants to wash his hands. He will look at me and ask, "Is this dirty?" I respond, "Yes, that is yucky. Don't touch it." Then he looks at me and touches it and says, "Touch! Now my hand dirty." Then he will touch something with his other hand and say, "Now my hand dirty." Or maybe he will just keep it simple and make sure I'm looking when he touches the toilet and then say, "Touch! Me want to wash my hands." This could completely freak me out, but I am choosing to look at is as therapy. I guess I should be paying him for forcing me to relax my germ fears.*
_________
* I just did a little research on Mysophobia (the fear of germs) and I'm starting to think I'm not so bad. One lady, for example, makes her family change from their "outside clothes" to their "inside clothes" as soon as they walk through the door. She also covers her couches with blankets/sheets before company comes over!

No comments:

Blog Archive