Thursday, December 28, 2006

From the mouth of a 4-year-old

Recently Zane told some of our friends that he was curious like Curious George.

I called Zane into the bathroom to kill a spider for me. He killed it with only two squares of toilet paper (it would take me a couple feet & at least one squeal.) Then he put his hand on my shoulder and said, "I do it because I love you."

Zane said to me that he was thirsty. I replied, "Nice to meet you, Thirsty. My name is Mommy." He doesn't like it when I do that and asked me to stop (I learned it from my Dad and didn't like it either...somehow it gets more funny with age.) He then asked if I would like it if he did that to me and quoted Luke 6:31, "Do unto others as you would have them do to you." After that he said, "Nice to meet you, Thirsty. My name is Zane. Did you like that Mommy?"

A couple days ago I was getting Luke in his car seat and got short with him for goofing around. I raised my voice and sternly told him to get into his seat. Zane said, "Watch your words." I asked if he was talking to me and he said yes. When I asked him why (I was curious what his answer would be) he said that I didn't sound very nice. I thanked him for the reminder.

No comments:

Blog Archive