Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Catching up

Cade's is ten months today and his seventh tooth is through the gum, number eight is within sight. After he got his first bottom two I could see his top and thought they would be next, but a third bottom one came in first (~5/10/06). A smile with three bottom teeth is pretty cute. He learned his first ASL sign 5/25/06 on our way to Klamath Falls. Cory taught him "more" with the help of Cheerios. He has been using this sign a lot lately. He's a social little boy and I think he would have plenty to say if he had any words. As of today, it is still pretty much "Dada" and maybe "hi".

Luke is a good eater and will do pretty much anything. My mom recently offered him a dollar to try a frog leg. He ate it and then a short time later asked, "Where's my dollar?" Awhile ago he was getting out of the van and kept telling me something that I didn't understand. I told him I didn't know what he was saying. He thought about it and said, "I taught myself." Then I knew he had been saying, "I learned it." I think that is pretty impressive communications skills for a two-year old.

I recently decided to try to get this little whitehead/cyst thingy that was under Zane's skin. He wasn't happy about it and said, "I don't think you should be doing this." I said that I didn't think he would want this thing in his skin forever and he said, "I'll get new skin in heaven." Guess he wasn't worried about it...and, he was right, I shouldn't have been doing it...

Zane is great with directions. A few days after we returned from Klamath Falls we were headed down to Drain for a visit. We went by the exit we had taken to go to K. Falls and he pointed it out. I honestly believe that it wont be long before he is my little navigator. My sense of direction has never been good and his is excellent.

No comments:

Blog Archive